Monday, June 4, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 1 - Bella

~oOo~

March 3, 2010

Hello, Sergeant Masen!

You don't know me. My name is Bella Swan. I am friends with Alice Whitlock, who is married to Jasper, one of the men in your squad.

I hope you don't mind, but he told Alice, who told me, about your ex. I can't believe she had the gall to break up with you while you're in Afghanistan, fighting for our freedom and theirs...and ask you to send her picture back! Who does that?

Don't get me wrong... You volleyed back well. Gathering 50 pictures from your fellow soldiers of their hot wives, girlfriends, and sisters and then sending them back to your ex with a note that said you were sorry but you didn't remember which one she was so if she would pick hers out and send the rest back? Genius move. I commend you, sir. (Does it make me a bad person that I found that too funny and witty? LOL)

Anyway, as much as I found it amusing, I also was just appalled that someone would do what she did – especially the way she did it. I'm sending you this care package to make sure you know that not every person who writes you is like your ex. This is the first package I've put together myself to send to a soldier directly, so a lot of it is my favorites.

Fantasy in Death is J. D. Robb's latest mystery book. I'm also including the first in that series, Naked in Death, in case you haven't read it. If you haven't read it and you like it, please let me know. I would love to send you the others!

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief is a kids' movie, but I loved it, so I hope you will, as well. I also included Sherlock Holmes, which is probably more "guy" friendly.

Alice mentioned you were really into music, so I included a thumb drive of all my favorites – everything from Adele to Radiohead to Lady Antebellum.

The rest is just general stuff I thought you could use. If you would like anything specific, please let me know!

You have my greatest respect and support.

Sincerely,

Bella

~oOo~

3 comments:

Nonni said...

And so it begins... *rubs hands hands together gleefully* :)

Gabs said...

yayy!!!! :) :) :)

KimiD said...

I agree Nonni~ And so it begins... took the words right off my fingers, LOL
Perfect introduction letter for a lonely soldier... it will make him feel that someone knows he's out there. I have a grandson who just deployed in May to that place... I got a call from him last Saturday and was so thrilled to hear from him. His name is Cody~

Post a Comment