Tuesday, June 12, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 11 - Bella

~oOo~

From: Bella Swan
To: EAMasen
Date Sent: Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 11:22 A.M.
Date Received: Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 11:22 P.M.
Subject: Idiots and lingerie

Good erm...morning! I can't believe I slept in so long. I never do that. Of course, the girls and I were up until around 3:00, so that may explain it... We had fun, though. Last night was comedy night: Couple's Retreat for the romantic comedy aspect, followed by Zombieland, which was ridiculous, and finally...The Hangover, which had us rolling with laughter. Of course, that could have been the three bottles of wine we polished off over the course of the night. LOL We finally crashed into bed around 2:30, falling asleep after half an hour of girl talk. (Yes, you were definitely one of the subjects of our discussion! ;) )

They just left a few minutes ago, and the first thing I did after grabbing a shower was sit down at my laptop and check my email. Like you said in your last message, your emails have become important to me, as well. When I see your name pop up in my inbox, it brings a smile to my face that nothing can erase. I actually talked enough about you last night that the girls tried to smother me with their pillows. Yes...it was a pillow fight at its best, pervy boy. ;)

So let's see... You want to know about my ex, huh? Nothing new, really. Short story: Girl meets boy. Girl and boy begin dating. Six months later, girl walks in and finds boy making out with other girl.

Oh, you want long story? I met Mike shortly after I started teaching. (He teaches fifth grade at the same school.) He was pretty persistent about wanting to take me out, but I put him off for a while, not wanting to get involved with anyone I worked with. When the next school year started and I hadn't had a date in a while, I finally gave in. We dated for nearly six months, and while I wasn't sure marriage – or even love – was in the cards, I was pretty happy. It was nice having a sure thing for dinner, dancing, the movies...or whatever. One day in February, I decided to surprise him with lunch, and instead, I was the one surprised when I walked into his classroom while his kids were at lunch to find him wrapped in the arms of Lauren, one of the secretaries from the front office. As if that weren't humiliating enough, I arrived just in time to hear him ask her if it was true, that he was really going to be a father. Come to find out, he'd been seeing her nearly as damn long as he had me, and I'd had no clue.

I wasn't so much heartbroken as I was shocked and feeling incredibly stupid that I hadn't seen it. That was at the beginning of February. Now, I feel nothing but pity for them both, since neither of them are exactly known for being faithful. Apparently she had a boyfriend while she was seeing Mike on the side, as well. So...good luck to them! *shrug*

We had a girls night out at the club (as you saw from the picture!), dancing and drinking and badmouthing men, and then spent the rest of the night talking about why I was lucky to have found out then what kind of man he really was. (By the way...Jasper and Emmett have been out dancing with us, so they definitely know how we look! Of course, they don't have anything to worry about. Alice and Rose are totally devoted to them and they know it.)

My parents' divorce was definitely hard on me, although I really didn't know any different. I was two when they split, so I don't actually remember them together. You'd think I would be closer with my mom than my dad, since I spent the majority of my time with her, but I'm not. I used to be, but by the time I hit sixteen, I was tired of being the only adult in the house. My mom loves me, but a lot of the time, it was like she was the teenager and I was the adult. I cooked, paid the bills, bought groceries...while she took classes for everything from pottery to glass blowing to tarot card reading. Whatever tickled her fancy, she indulged. When I was seventeen, she met Phil, my stepfather. He's younger than she is and a damn nice guy. He balances her well. He's also a professional baseball player (or was...he's coaching now), so at the time, he would have to be gone, traveling with the team, while she stayed at home with me. I knew it was cramping her style, so I chose to go live with my dad so she could go with Phil. It all worked out for the best, I think. It allowed me and my dad to get that much closer, which is great.

Hugh Jackman is cool (he was sexy as Wolverine...), but overall, I just like Matt Damon better. *shrug* I'm also a big fan of Josh Hartnett (my favorite movie of all time is Pearl Harbor. Don't judge. ;) ), Will Smith, Tom Cruise (well, his movies...not necessarily TC himself! LOL), and Harrison Ford.

Of course, Kate Beckinsale (from Pearl Harbor and Underworld) is my number one girl crush.

The plans for Skype sound great. I have a reminder (not that I'll need it! lol) set up for next Saturday at noon. I'm really looking forward to it.

All right, well, I need to get moving. Got papers to grade and errands to run.

Bella

P.S. You like me in blue, hmm? That's good...I've got lots of blue – everything from dresses to shirts to lingerie. It's always been a favorite of mine, as well. ;)

~oOo~

0 comments:

Post a Comment