Tuesday, June 12, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 12 - Edward

~oOo~

From: EAMasen
To: Bella Swan
Date Sent: Tues, Apr 20, 2010 at 5:25 A.M.
Date Received: Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:25 P.M.
Subject: What am I going to do with you?

Bella,

Good morning, beautiful! (Well, evening by the time you get this.)

I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. Shortly after I received your last email, we went on patrol. By the time we got back, I was dead on my feet. (Yes, I was careful, and yes, we're all fine.) It was a simple patrol. We hardly left the camp, but being up for 24 hours straight isn't easy. Things have been quiet, though I have a funny feeling we'll be sent out again soon. There are rumors that we're going back to Kandahar, and it'll be like last time, where we'll be out of contact. I promise to let you know when or if that happens.

So let me get this straight... You drink, dance, like music, eat damn good food, cook, bake, AND you like lingerie? Oh, Miss Swan...Where have you been hiding? There has to be a flaw to you somewhere, but I swear to God, I'm not finding it. And trust me, I've studied your pictures enough to know. I know I can't see everywhere, but I'm determined to find something. ;) Maybe you suck at pillow fighting...

This Mike... He's a fool, Bella. There are no words for just how stupid he really is. In the big picture...the biggest loser in that whole fucked up situation is the kid that the other girl is having. You, beautiful, are way too good to deal with that type of bullshit and extremely lucky you found out when you did. He's what my mother would've called a "girl collector." Just because he can charm the socks (and probably all other items of clothing) off of a girl, he will. And he'll string them along. The first time I truly felt she was disappointed in me was when I'd secretly kept two girlfriends. Mind you, I was 14, but she figured that shit out pretty quick. She told me that it was mean, that not only was I hurting both girls, but I was hurting myself. I didn't believe her, but eventually, both girls found out and both dumped me. Yeah, I deserved that, but I never did it again because no girl would take me seriously for the rest of the school year. My mom was right.

That being said, I guess I need to tell you the whole story behind Tanya, don't I? You'll remember her best with the striped socks and a house on top of her, most likely clutching 55 pictures of Army wives and girlfriends. LOL

The Denali family was friends with my mom and dad, and they have a daughter – Tanya. Our fathers worked together at the same law firm. We're the same age, and I've known her my whole life. We didn't go to the same school, but they visited quite often. I guess our parents always saw us getting together – at least, that was what they wanted. I won't lie to you... Tanya is beautiful in her own right, but she was – and still is – spoiled and always got what she wanted. What she wanted was me. From the second puberty kicked in, it seemed, she started flirting. I didn't even consider her an option at all until right around the time I was a junior in high school. She was pretty, I was comfortable with her, and we had plenty in common. Plus, we were always around each other. It seemed an easy fit. It seemed so easy, in fact, that we just...stayed together.

At first, it was fine. We were each other's prom dates, and it sure as hell made our parents happy. But as senior year started, that's when things began to change. My mother was sick at this point, so my whole goal was to go to school nearby. Tanya had other plans. See, she'd been accepted into Harvard, and she had these grand plans that we'd go off to school together, move into a place, and I guess...live happily ever after, but all that changed when my mother died.

I will give her and her family this much credit...they were there for me through the whole thing. Tanya, on more than one occasion, helped me clean my wasted father up and put him in bed. It was when he killed himself and I had to stop all plans of college that she became mad at me. Oh, she said she'd stick through basic training, that she'd write, but as I told you...she didn't. When I received orders to ship out, I gave her the option of breaking up, but she didn't take it. Maybe that's why I was angry when she did what she did. I don't know.

What I do know is that I never rushed to my email for her. And she never agreed to Skype with me.

You have way too many celebrity crushes, Isabella. We're going to have to work on that. And a girl crush? Really? LOL Though your taste in women isn't bad. I liked "Pearl Harbor," though my loyalty stayed with Ben Affleck in that movie. I felt bad that he was fighting in WWII when his own country hadn't even joined the fight, then was lost at sea, only to come back to find his best friend had taken his girl. Tsk, not sure I wouldn't have snapped.

However, Harrison Ford is the shit! Indiana Jones is bad ass, and don't get me started on Han Solo. LOL

I don't want to, but I have to go, beautiful. Is it crazy that Saturday can't come quickly enough? And that I'm nervous? As gorgeous as you would look, don't answer in that lingerie you spoke of...I don't think my heart could take it. ;) Next time, though...maybe. LOL

Write back soon...

Edward

P.S. I believe that "rare moment" you requested is attached. Jasper has very little shame and snapped it just as I opened my email from you. So, yeah, Bella...that smile is yours. Thank you.

~oOo~

1 comments:

KimiD said...

I love the emails back and forth but I Flove the P.S.s you put from them, like a little added somethin' somethin' *smirk*

Post a Comment