Wednesday, June 13, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 13 - Bella

~oOo~

From: Bella Swan
To: EAMasen
Date Sent: Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 6:04 P.M.
Date Received: Tues, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:04 A.M.
Subject: I hope this email finds you where you should be...in dreamland!

Edward! You are handsome and sexy when you are all serious like in the first picture, but smiling? Well, I mean, yeah...you're all right. ;) (If I said what I was really thinking – breathtaking – it would just go to your head, right? Gotta keep you in check somehow! *grin*) Seriously, though, you should smile more often.

I can't say I'm happy with the possible news about Kandahar, but I know that's just one of those things neither of us has control over. You promise to be as safe as you can, and I'll promise to keep thinking positive thoughts. Until then, we'll just keep talking and focus on other things, ok?

You know...you make me sound perfect, which I can assure you is far from the truth! LOL I am messy. (I mean, it's not like I have trash lying around, but there are stacks of old magazines on my coffee table, my bed rarely gets made, and more often than not, I'll leave my clothes on the floor when I change for bed, rather than putting them in the laundry basket.) I can be a little loud at inopportune moments, and I've been known to spoil the end of movies and books without realizing it. I also tend to be really scatterbrained and forgetful sometimes...which I have to combat using list after list after list – of course, keeping track of those lists can be hard sometimes! LOL I've found them in the strangest places, such as the freezer, the bathroom cabinet, etc.

I am also kind of a stickler for proper grammar, punctuation, and what not. Of course, I don't always follow the rules when emailing because its more like a conversation, so I write like I speak. I don't expect perfection from anyone but myself – although there are some things that drive me crazy insane: the wrong use of fever/temperature and itch/scratch, specifically. It drives me bat-shit crazy when someone says, "I have a temperature." What they really mean is that they have a fever... Or "Oh, itch my back, please!" No, no, no. Your back itches, so I'll scratch it, dammit. Oi! Seriously drives me crazy!

Another thing about me that can irritate the people around me (Rose and Alice have complained many times. *laugh*) is that when I find a song I like, I tend to put it on repeat and listen to it over and over while I'm working – whether it is cleaning house, grading papers, or writing. For example, my latest obsession is Ed Sheeran's "Fall." I've had it on loop for a week now. Every time I turn on my MP3 player, that's what I have playing.

And...yes, sadly, I suck at pillow fighting, although really...who cares about that when you're in the middle of one? Hmm?

Yes, I have a feeling Mike would be a "girl collector," which actually sounds rather...serial killer-ish, if you think about it! I knew right off that I was better without him, and I haven't looked back since. Luckily for me, I'd only wasted 6 months on the guy. You, though... God, I have to admit that I had to stop myself from Googling the name Tanya Denali so I could find her contact information and give her a piece of my mind. To be such a long-time family friend, let alone significant other, and treat you the way she did? Unacceptable. Just thinking about it now makes me want to haul ass to wherever the bitch lives now and beat the shit out of her. Does that make me a bad person? I'm not sure...but I'm also not sure I care! (Oh, did I mention that another of my flaws is that I kind of have a hot temper when something REALLY gets my goat? Yeah...)

Ahh, poor Ben Affleck in Pearl Harbor. My loyalty flipped so many times in that movie, it's not even funny. My only consolation is that Danny and Evelyn thought Rafe was dead before they ever even looked at each other romantically. There were no hints of impropriety when he was "alive." But man...the scene where Danny took Evelyn up in his plane, and then they went back into the hanger after and finally made love? My heart gets all swoony just thinking about it. It's one of my favorite scenes ever in a movie. I could watch it over and over again and never tire.

Yes, I'd have to agree about Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones and Han Solo. He's such a good-looking guy, even being quite a bit older than I am, and I have always loved those two movie series!

I was thinking we should play 20 Questions... Have you ever played? Maybe not ask all of them at once ('cause that would just be overwhelming!), but maybe one or two per email? I'm finding that I want to know more and more about you the longer we chat. This would be a fun way of learning, I think. In return, if you want to answer your own question, too, that would be fun. If you're game...check out my first question!

Are you a morning person or night person?

I am kind of a combination, I suppose. I tend to love being up all night, when it's dark and cool and quiet. If I'm writing, I seem to be much more productive overnight. And yet...when I wake up in the morning, it doesn't take much for me to be wide awake and peppy. Yes, coffee is good in the morning, but whereas most people need it to function, I tend to do just fine without it most of the time. You?

All right, that's enough rambling from me. I have some chicken marinating that I need to stick in the oven. I'm making enough that I can take some with me to school tomorrow for not only my lunch, but also for Christopher. I watched him today as he absolutely scarfed down the pizza pocket provided for the school lunch. It disappeared within minutes, and he still looked hungry. So I want to make sure tomorrow that he has something nutritious to help fill him up. I also stopped at the store on the way home and got things like bread, peanut butter, fruit cups, etc, that I can put in a little bag for him to stick in his backpack and take home, since I'm not sure what he has to eat there. If this continues, I doubt I'll wait much longer to bring my suspicions up with the principal and the authorities.

Until next time...

Bella

P.S. Saturday can't come soon enough for me, either. Butterflies have taken up residence in my stomach and are intent on having millions of babies, apparently. ;)

~oOo~

0 comments:

Post a Comment