Thursday, June 14, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 16 - Edward

~oOo~

From: EAMasen
To: Bella Swan
Date Sent: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 5:46 A.M.
Date Received: Thurs, Apr 22, 2010 at 5:46 P.M.
Subject: Forget the fucking pizza!

Bella,

You are in so much trouble, Miss Swan! **grin** I hope to God I didn't ruin my computer's screen when I spit coffee all over it!

Ah, sweetheart. If you saw the spiders over here, you would want to be in a bubble. We have camel spiders, and some grow to nearly three feet in length. Makes your daddy longlegs over there a bit more appealing...

As much as I want to address everything you said, I've got to run. We're running a patrol today not far from here, which means I'll be back tonight. I just wanted to tell you not to worry and that I promise to be safe.

I'll write more later.

Edward

P.S. In case I forget later, my Skype name is similar to yours – the beginning of my email address: EAMasen.

~oooOOOooo~

From: EAMasen
To: Bella Swan
Date Sent: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 9:31 P.M.
Date Received: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 9:31 A.M.
Subject: Fears and unmade beds...

Hey Beautiful,

I'm sorry to say this won't be long, but I did want to tell you we made it back safely. However, I'm exhausted. I'll probably head to bed shortly, because I have a few things that I need to do tomorrow before we chat.

On that same note, I wanted to mention a few things before we talk tomorrow.

First of all, I need to thank you. I took your advice and talked to Jasper and Emmett...about how loaded down I feel, my fears, and well, about us. You were right. They understood. They also had been given their own orders by their wives, apparently. **snorts** They are to get me out of this desert safely and to Seattle. Failure is not an option. I always though Cupid was one little chubby guy in a diaper that wore a bow and arrow...not two grown men in desert camo with high powered rifles. LOL I do believe we're being set up...

Second thing... I've also been warned not to hurt you, and please trust me when I tell you that I have no intention whatsoever in doing that. I tried so very hard to keep it friendly at the beginning, but I find that I can't. And I don't know what that means. It's more than just your picture. I rarely look at it, because your mind is the most beautiful part of you. You need to know that. I also need you to know that I've told you more in the two months that we've been writing than I've ever told anyone. That includes Tanya, and I've known her my whole life.

On the other hand, you're fucking stunning. You say I'm breathtaking and sexy, but baby, I've got nothing on you! Yeah, sure...I've had my share of "propositions," to put it in your words...back home and here at camp. I never paid them much attention before, because I was in a relationship. Now? They're annoying. I see them, and I hear them, but I don't want them.

I've tried to be a gentleman through this thing, but I'm afraid when we talk tomorrow that everything I've started to feel will be plastered all over my face. Shit, we've never met and only just started to scratch the surface. We've got a long time to go before we meet in person, and so many things could go wrong.

I want to tell you I'll make it through this, that I'll be there for that burger when I'm done, but those aren't promises I can make. I want to tell you that balls to the wall sex sounds so fucking good, and not enough. How did the guy in Bull Durham put it? I want long, slow, deep kisses that last three days without coming up for air. There's nothing like peeling clothes off, starting at the front door and stopping when you can't take it anymore. And I want to know everything about you...anything you're willing to tell me, and some things I want to uncover myself.

But I can't make you any promises, Bella, and that bothers me so fucking much. You could have any man begging for your attention, one that will be able to be there for you. You deserve a future, and I can't promise you one. You needed to know these things before we Skype tomorrow, and I'm giving you an out, because you deserve one, but I'll be online tomorrow no matter what. Not even a war could stop that.

Edward

~oOo~

2 comments:

tds88 said...

OMG Edward getting all deep and sentimental...swoon. Have I mentioned that I love their conversations. They just seem to be so much themselves, not trying to hide beneath the words and unsure of what to say. Their words just come naturally.
I'm with Bella...Spiders scare the bejeezus out of me. I woke up one time when I was little and had one right next to my face on the wall. Big black sucker. I had nightmares for weeks.

KimiD said...

I love that they have such a repore going ~ sometimes writing emails give you the "cloak" to be able to talk and say what you feel because you are not face to face and watching the reactions. You can say what you feel because there is not gauge measuring you... comfortable with anonimity~

And the that he is not making any promises (although he would like to) he does not feel he can keep, because of circumstances beyond his control... future is sketchy when you do not know what the next day holds...

Post a Comment