Tuesday, June 5, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 3 - Bella

~oOo~

From: Bella Swan
To: EAMasen
Date Sent: Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 1:15 P.M.
Date Received: Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 1:15 A.M.
Subject: Greetings from Seattle!

Hello, Sergeant Masen!

I hope this email finds you well – and in decidedly better weather than the dreary rain I'm currently watching through my window.

I was very excited to receive your letter yesterday. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed the items I sent and that they were put to good use. (I don't blame you for not sharing the cookies, by the way! Although, I must admit to stealing a few when I first pulled them out of the oven. They were calling my name, so I just couldn't help myself!)

Ahh, you are a fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's fictional detective? I must say, that warms my literary-loving heart. I, myself, have always had a fondness for his dear friend, Dr. Watson. What else do you like to read? I have a few other ideas for things you might like, but if there is anything else specific, please do share.

Have you played the piano long? Renee, my mom, tried to get me to take lessons when I was a kid, but I can honestly say that I was horrible. I like music, but for whatever reason, I couldn't get my fingers to work right on the keys. As for composing your own music... I've never met anyone who did that, and I am incredibly jealous. Sometimes, I'll make up a tune in my head when I'm doing housework or cooking, but to be able to put it on paper? That would be awesome.

Your letter made me laugh, picturing your ex as the witch from the movie. And thinking of the movie reminded me of Charlie, my dad. When I was little, we would watch The Wizard of Oz together at least once every time I went to visit. So thank you for the smile that brought to my face for more than one reason!

Oops, my free time is almost over, so I'd better get ready for the rest of my day. Hope to hear from you soon!

Bella

P.S. I was very amused to see that we both used our initials and last names for our email...and you're right...this is MUCH faster!

Also, please...no more Miss Swan business. That's what my students call me! My friends call me Bella. :)

~oOo~

0 comments:

Post a Comment