Thursday, June 21, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 32 - Edward

~oOo~

From: EAMasen
To: Bella Swan
Date Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:04 P.M.
Date Received: Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:04 A.M.
Subject: Yeah, another email...I may be addicted, Miss Swan

Do they have Beautiful Girls Anonymous? And just what 12 steps would you have to go through? Hmm...

It was so fucking good to talk to you, yet I found that it wasn't enough. I can't do much from here, Bella, but I can listen – not that it didn't kill me to hear you crying. I wished I could hold you, take all the bad stuff away, and I know that I can't. I'm always here if you need me, even if it's a long distance shoulder to cry on. Okay? Christopher will be fine, sweetheart. Please stop blaming yourself. You did everything that you could, and now the little man is safe. PLUS, he's still got you to watch over him – his own personal guardian angel. That's the most important thing. Will you try to remember that for me?

I want you to know that they TRIED to serve cookies in the mess tent. O_o Oh, the things you could teach them, Miss Swan. I'm not so sure we couldn't use the damn things as a weapon...sort of like a Chinese star. They were deadly, I tell you. You've spoiled me, beautiful. And I'm an idiot not to find out exactly what kind of cookie you were concocting earlier to send to me. Never mind! Don't tell me!

Speaking of sending stuff... You've got your own package coming. It's not much, but I'll be sending it out in the morning. It's just some things I wanted you to have, and I think I owe you a t-shirt, right?

Something strange happened after dinner, and I think I just wanted to tell someone that wasn't...here. Jazz, Em, and I decided to toss the football around after dinner, because we're all a little restless. I think they're worried about you, too. My CO, Lieutenant Stephens, pulled me aside and took me to his office. (No, baby, I'm not in trouble. He's not like the principal. ;) ) He asked me crazy questions, like... Is there anyone on my squad that I didn't trust? How much longer on my tour? And he asked me about Kandahar, both missions. It was like being debriefed, but not really. He congratulated me on a job well done because we'd worked with a Special Ops group in order to take down a cell. I'm not sure what any of it means, but I guess I just needed to talk about it. The fact that he asked if there was anyone I didn't trust worries me. My squad is solid, so I can't imagine what he meant by that.

20 Questions, Isabella... What's your favorite childhood memory? For me... My mother's piano lessons were great, but sometimes, my dad would take off early from work (and trust me, that was rare). He'd pick me up from school and take me to baseball games. We were White Sox fans down to our very bones. Once or twice, he'd take me to a Bears game, but not as often. It was just the two of us, and the last time was just before my mother got sick, so I was...16? 17? He'd buy us dogs and sodas, and it was just "guy time," my mom called it. She called us "her boys."

I'm going to bed, beautiful. I hope you don't forget to email me when you get to your dad's. I WILL be checking in the morning, Miss Swan! ;)

Dreaming of you...

Edward

~oOo~

2 comments:

Evelyne-raconte said...

Very good. I love your fiction more and more. I love what you have done with the characters. Thank you for the update.

tds88 said...

I feel like Edward was comforting me too, because I totally pictured something like a visit to the principal's office.
I love their emails to each other and the progression of them getting to know each other more and more even though they've never met.

Post a Comment