Friday, June 22, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 34 - Edward

~oOo~

From: EAMasen
To: Bella Swan
Date Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 at 8:08 A.M.
Date Received: Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:08 P.M.
Subject: **sighing a breath of relief**

Hey, Beautiful.

I'm glad to see you made the trip to your dad's okay. Don't ignore him on my account, silly girl. Go get that hug that you need. I'm already afraid he'll hate me... Don't give him anything to add fuel to the fire, like distracting you from time with him.

Today's my off-duty day, which also means laundry, sending your package, and possibly another game of football later with the guys. Emmett makes a fantastic fullback, especially if we're playing a more serious game against another squad. Jasper, on the other hand, has a killer spiral pass. And no jokes about tight ends, you hear me, Miss Swan? ;)

Let's see... Most embarrassing moment? You mean, besides the Wicked Witch's way of breaking up with me? LOL Maybe when I was like 12? I was waiting for the bus to pick us up for school. I had this major crush on Amber Ryan, and I was determined to talk to her that day or at least see if she would sit with me. I made sure that my clothes were just right, my hair was somewhat under control, and that I was wearing a brand new pair of sneakers. Unfortunately, it was a rainy/snowy day, so the sidewalk was slippery and the streets were slushy. Just as she walked up to the bus stop, a truck rolled by way too fast. Not only did he hit a puddle of slush, but it just happened to be right there at the curb where we were all waiting. I got the worst of it. This wave of street shit hit me, drenching me from head to toe. Not only that, but it knocked me straight on my ass. The whole bus stop cracked the fuck up, including Amber. Yeah, I never even looked her in the eye again. Embarrassing enough for you, Miss Swan? Thanks so much for making me relive that traumatizing moment from my teen years. ;)

Since we're talking embarrassment, you'll get a two-for-one. 20 Questions... What was your first date like? Mine ranks up there with Amber. My first real date, as in...picking up the girl, taking her somewhere, and paying for everything...not just meeting at the movies or the mall with a bunch of friends. I took Jodi Weekley to the local fair. BIG mistake. HUGE. Not only was she allergic to every-damn-thing, so I couldn't get her any of the cool food, but she wouldn't even ride any rides, except the Ferris wheel. And even that made her throw up on my shoes. Blech! Yeah, that was a first and last date. She was so mortified that she wouldn't talk to me. Ever. Honestly, I wasn't mad, but you silly girls sometimes think shit is the end of the world when it really isn't. **shrug**

Time for laundry, beautiful. Have fun with the girls and your dad. And no, you haven't missed my birthday. It's June 20th. What'cha getting me? Can I make requests? I still have that box laying around here. I'm pretty sure you'll fit...

Talk to you soon, sweetheart,
Edward

P.S. Give me fair warning if your dad decides I'm unworthy. Maybe the desert would make a nice retirement home... ;)

~oOo~

1 comments:

Evelyne-raconte said...

2 beautiful chapters, thank you so much. The 20 questions game is something interesting.

Post a Comment