Sunday, June 24, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 35 - Bella

~oOo~

Forks... Friday, May 12, 2010 at 8:15 P.M.

"That's rough, Bells," Charlie commented in response to my story about Christopher. "You did the right thing, though. I've had to deal with my fair share of child abuse cases, and I know how hard it can be."

"Yeah, but I should have stepped in earl—"

"No, you can't do that, Bella," he interrupted. "You can't blame yourself. It sounds like you did everything you could have done. That little boy is in a better home now, and it's because you had the courage to step in when you were sure something was wrong. Period."

That was what Edward had said, but hearing it come from my dad, a law enforcement official who had put away guys like Christopher's sorry excuse for a father, just reinforced it in my mind.

"Thanks, Dad," I murmured, glancing down at my phone again. It had chimed an alert for a new email a few minutes before, but I'd been patiently waiting until I got back upstairs to read it...even though it was killing me.

"So, Charlie," Alice started, drawing his attention her way. "Tell us what's new with you? Are you still seeing Sue?"

I knew he was, so I half-tuned them out as I finally indulged my fourteen-year-old self and picked up my phone, quickly clicking into my email.

I grinned when I saw Edward's name at the top of the list.

Tight ends... I bit my lip to keep from moaning. His tight end was definitely something I was looking forward to checking out!

I couldn't help the giggle that slipped out when I read about his most embarrassing moment and his first date.

"What's got your attention, Bells?" Charlie asked suspiciously. "I haven't heard you like that since you got asked out by Jake after you moved in here."

I looked up from the email, glancing at Alice and Rose, who were smirking – thanks so much for the support, I tried telling them with a glare – and then turned to my dad.

"Well...umm...I sort of met a guy?" I told him, although it came out more like a question than a statement. It wasn't that I thought he would dislike Edward or that he would be unhappy I'd met someone – even though in his eyes, no one would ever be good enough for me – but I was worried what his reaction would be to the fact that Edward was a soldier and currently stationed in Afghanistan...and that we'd never met in person.

At the raise of his eyebrow, I took a deep breath and said, "His name is Edward Masen, he's a sergeant in the Army, stationed in Afghanistan, in charge of the squad Jazz and Emmett are members of." Another deep breath, and I admitted, "I'm in love with him, Dad..."

Charlie huffed, running a hand over his mustache, and collapsed back against his chair. "All right," he started, his voice calm. "Tell me about him."

~oooOOOooo~

From: Bella Swan
To: EAMasen
Date Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 at 1:12 A.M.
Date Received: Sat, May 15, 2010 at 1:12 P.M.
Subject: Well...you aren't a dirty little secret anymore... ;)

Not that you were EVER a dirty little secret, of course, but... I told Charlie all about you. I told him how we met (he was as disgusted by the Wicked Witch as I was, by the way...), how much we had in common, and how much you already meant to me. Rose and Alice made sure to put in good words, telling them everything their husbands had said, that you were a good guy – honorable, kind, fiercely loyal, good leader, calm in dangerous situations...or a "real stand-up guy," in Jasper's words. In the end, he said he'd reserve judgment until he met you himself, but he made me promise to say this: "You hurt my daughter, insurgents aren't the only thing you'll have to worry about."

*rolls eyes and laughs*

Anyway, he's asleep on his recliner downstairs, Rose and Alice are asleep in Charlie's room, and I decided to email you before I lie down, too.

I'll have you know my giggle over your most embarrassing moment is what gave me away... I couldn't resist checking my phone after it alerted me to a new email. You poor thing! lol That definitely lands in the embarrassing column... I have to say that both Amber Ryan and Jodi Weekley would kick themselves if they knew you now. But too bad! Their loss, my gain. ;)

Ahh, my first date... Well, as you can imagine, I wasn't a huge hit with the guys in Phoenix. I was a little awkward, a lot shy, and quite clumsy, all of which kind of...repelled them (in droves, unfortunately! LOL). So when I moved to Forks, imagine my shock when suddenly, I became the object of not only one, but three or four guys' attention. Whether it was just that I was the new girl, the police chief's daughter, or a combination of both, I don't know. Anyway, there's not a lot to do here, but Jacob Black – the son of my dad's best friend – asked me out a few weeks into the school year, and we went bowling. Not good... I ended up letting the ball go on the back swing, tossing it onto Jacob's foot, not once, but twice. (I swear, the 2nd time was his fault...he should have learned after the first time not to stand behind me!) I also couldn't get my fingers out of the holes once and ended up face planting on the bowling lane. It was...pretty humiliating. LOL

Oooh, just BARELY a Gemini, not quite a Cancer, huh? Talented in many things (hmm, music, smooth talking strange women over the computer...), thirsty for knowledge, a romantic, charming... Yes, I'd say those describe you to a tee.

All right, I confess... I know nothing of astrology. *snicker* I had to go look that stuff up. Regardless, I'm sure I'll be able to figure out something...fun...for you for your birthday this year – even if it isn't me in a box. ;(

I don't really celebrate my birthday. My mom liked to go overboard when I was really little, but honestly, for a long time, I hated being the center of attention. So now, it's just usually me and the girls, going out for dinner, maybe drinks and dancing. Since it's shortly after school starts (September 13th), we don't usually go too crazy.

My turn for a question or two...

One... Are you a cat or dog person? I love cats, but they don't seem to love cuddling with me. I do love dogs, too, though, and they seem to like me.

And two... Tell me one of your fantasies...

Mine? Mmm...I have so many... I love the idea of having sex somewhere public enough that I'm worried about getting caught. I guess you could say I'm a bit of an exhibitionist. Not like doing anything for strangers or anything like that...but the idea of the man I love watching me or just the possibility that we'll get caught having sex gets me going like you wouldn't believe.

On that note, I'm going to go hide my warm face in the cool sheets now. Maybe sleep, maybe just die of embarrassment because I can't believe I told you all that. LOL

Thinking of you,
Bella

~oOo~

0 comments:

Post a Comment