Wednesday, June 6, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 5 - Bella

~oOo~

From: Bella Swan
To: EAMasen
Date Sent: Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 7:15 A.M.
Date Received: Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 7:15 P.M.
Subject: Relaxing with my Cinnamon Dolce Latte before school

Edward,

I have to admit that although I live in Seattle, I can't stomach black coffee. Love the smell, but the taste? Not so much. But I am totally addicted to Starbucks and their flavored lattes and espressos and mochas...and if I'm truly feeling decadent, I'll order a Venti Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha with whipped cream—although that one is my special treat. I'd weigh 600 pounds if I drank that every day!

Only two cookies didn't make the trip over there, I swear! (Ok, maybe it was three...) And I promise, there's nothing illegal about them. *grin* My secret...if you promise not to tell anyone...is a teaspoon of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, vanilla extract and vanilla bean, and finely ground oatmeal. I'm glad you enjoyed them! I hope you aren't allergic to peanuts, because I made my favorite kind of cookies for the new care package... Peanut butter! Just in case, I put them in a separate container than the new batch of cinnamon sugar shortbread.

No, I'm not a literary professor. Originally, that's what I thought I was going to do, but I realized I wanted to teach younger kids, when they are still impressionable and open to learning. Third grade is such a great age. They are still little enough to be sponges, but are just old enough to really start having some good discussions with you. I will admit that my favorite part of the day is English. We just finished reading James and the Giant Peach together as a class. It was one of my favorites growing up, and my class seems to have enjoyed it.

It gets that cold in Afghanistan at night? I guess I didn't really think of that. I figured it was just warm all the time. (Ok, so geography isn't my strong suit...) I included some hand warmers and extra socks in the box I'm sending out today, so hopefully, you'll be a bit warmer at night once you get it! Brrr!

You mentioned your mother in your last email... Where do your parents live? Chicago? Do you have any siblings?

I'm an only child, which sucked a lot growing up. My parents divorced when I was two, and my mom took me and moved to Phoenix. My dad stayed in Forks, which is a few hours from Seattle. He's a cop now – the chief of police there in Forks. He was in the Army years ago, though, right after he turned eighteen, and he's why I sent you the first care package. I remember him telling me how lonely it could get overseas.

Oh, damn, I have to go. Alice just texted me, asking where I was. We have a staff meeting that starts in five minutes.

Stay safe, Edward.

Bella

~oOo~

0 comments:

Post a Comment