Monday, June 11, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 9 - Bella

~oOo~

From: Bella Swan
To: EAMasen
Date Sent: Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 7:00 P.M.
Date Received: Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 7:00 A.M.
Subject: Wow...

You're hot! LOL Is that forward of me to say? If so, I apologize. *laugh* You've got gorgeous green eyes – which is what always catches my attention first on a guy. I'm sure your smile would be just as gorgeous – if you were smiling! I suppose there's not a lot to smile about over there most days, huh? Maybe if I bribe Jazz and Emmett enough, they'l carry a camera around with them in the hopes of catching you at a rare moment.

Did you get a photo of me from Jasper? Alice took one with her phone last night at dinner and emailed it right away. If not, I'm including a recent one Rose took of me before we went out to a club. I'm not typically a club girl, but this was not long after my last breakup. The girls wanted to try to get me out of my funk, so the whole day was spent finding the perfect outfit, getting primped and pampered, and then dancing until our feet were ready to fall off at one of the clubs here in town.

You might not be able to tell by looking at me (at least, I hope not, or I'll really have to up my gym time!), but yes, I love to eat! Definitely no girly salads for me. I'm lucky, because I've always been able to eat pretty much whatever I want and not gain weight. I work out a couple of times a week and usually go walking around the neighborhood once or twice a week, as well, which helps in that respect.

Ohh, you're a Saving Private Ryan fan, too? I cry every time I watch it. I totally love Tom Hanks in that (well, frankly, I love him in everything he's in!), but honestly, I'm a Matt Damon girl. Good Will Hunting, Ocean's Eleven (and Twelve and Thirteen), the Bourne movies... Those are some of my all-time favorite movies.

So you talked to Emmett and Jasper about me, hmm? All good, I hope! You should open up to them some... They're great guys, and I know anything you tell them would be held in the strictest of confidences. I've known them for a while, and they've never been anything but sweet and respectful. Just so you know...fair's fair. I've talked a lot about you with Alice and Rose, too. *grin*

That's so sad about Marten! Your mom did the right thing, though. I would love to imagine that he is now an adult, just graduating from high school and ready to go off to college, after having a wonderful childhood with his grandparents. I'm a bit of an optimist, I suppose. I need to look at the glass as half full, rather than half empty. That probably stems from my childhood, when I had to look at it as I got two bedrooms, rather than one, two Christmases and birthdays, etc., rather than just focusing on the fact that my parents were divorced and living hours and hours away from one another. Still, I guess I was lucky. Like you, my parents never laid a hand on me growing up. That's why it breaks my heart so much when I come across a child like Christopher or Marten.

Ahh, the classic run up and kiss him move! Yes, the girls do that occasionally. You boys, though, give as good as you get – although instead of drive by kisses, it's tugging on pigtails on the playground. At least a girl's moves don't hurt! I still remember getting my braids tugged on... Ouch! (Of course...now, it's a whole different story. ;) A little tug on the hair never hurt anybody...)

You came that close to getting killed yourself? Just the thought of that scares me...probably more than it should at this point, if I'm honest. It seems I have even more to be thankful for than I thought. Sometimes survival has its own price. I can sympathize with how you must feel, that you survived and Carlos didn't, but I believe that things happen for a reason—and I, for one, am grateful you are still here to write to me. Try to stay out of harm's way, would you please?

Oh, Alice is definitely a tornado – but only of the best kind, really. She's got more energy than I'll ever have, and that's why teaching first graders is the perfect job for her. She's been my best friend for what seems like forever. We were lucky to be able to find jobs at the same school. We're more like sisters now than friends, and when we met Rose in college, she fit in flawlessly. She's the blonde, supermodel type, so you wouldn't know it to look at her, but she's a kick-ass auto shop teacher. It's amazing how many guys sign up for her class because of how she looks. They expect it to be an easy A, assuming she doesn't really know what she's doing, but within a week, the class numbers usually drop by a third. She's a hard ass and proud of it, but she's a great friend.

Now...about that song... Yes, it's a challenge! I've never had a song written about me before! *laugh* I might not be able to send you a whole piano, but I have some oatmeal butterscotch and some toasted coconut macadamia nut cookies that COULD find their way into the next care package...if I had the right incentive.

I've got to go. The girls are coming over any time for dinner and movie night, and I still need to get the lasagna out of the oven. We'll probably drink wine and then crash upstairs on my huge bed for the night.

Bella

P.S. I would definitely be interested Skyping sometime... I have to see if the voice matches the hotness, because I'm a sucker for a good voice. Just let me know when would be good for you.

~oOo~

0 comments:

Post a Comment