Saturday, July 28, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 126 - Edward

~oOo~

From: EAMasen
To: Bella Swan
Date Sent: Sat, July 31, 2010 at 8:25 A.M.
Date Received: Sat, July 31, 2010 at 5:25 A.M.
Subject: Fwd: Re: The property of Sgt. Edward A. Masen Jr.

Hello, my sweet girl...

I just wanted to keep you in the loop. This is all the shipping stuff you'll need, but as you can see, I gave them your contact information in case they need you. I don't think they'll bug you until they actually get to Seattle. But if they do, just call me. I'll help you with anything they need to know.

I love you, Bella. My life is in your hands, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Forever yours,
Edward

- Forwarded message -
From: Marcus Volturi
To: EAMasen
Date Sent: Sat, July 31, 2010 at 10:05 A.M.
Date Received: Sat, July 31, 2010 at 11:05 A.M.
Subject: Re: The property of Sgt. Edward A. Masen Jr.

Sgt. Masen,

It would be my pleasure to personally see to it that your things are loaded and transported safely. Your father, Edward Sr., was kind enough to take me on fresh out of law school, so it's the least I could do to help his son get settled.

I've researched local movers, and you'll see that I attached the information of the company that I've hired. They come highly recommended, especially concerning the moving of your piano. Though, I did take the liberty of using their insurance policy just to be on the safe side. To make things easier on Miss Swan, they've agreed to set it up for her, as well.

I'm personally meeting them at your storage facility next week. I'll email you photos as they're loading. You or Miss Swan can inspect everything once it arrives in Seattle, just to check for any damages through transport. Please let me know immediately if any damages do occur, and we'll pursue just compensation.

Please let me know if there is anything else you'll be needing. I'll be glad to see to it that all your financial information is taken care of until you settle in Seattle.

Thank you,
Marcus Volturi, Esq.
Denali, Volturi, & Associates

On July 30, 2010 8:22 A.M., "Edward Masen" Edward A. Masen wrote:

Marcus,

I appreciate your taking over my case. I hold no ill will toward Garrett Denali, but due to the close and personal nature of our relationship, I thought it was best that I obtain a different lawyer.

My question to you is this: Would you please be kind enough to start the shipping process of my things from Chicago to Seattle? Attached is the address and contact information of Miss Isabella Swan. She will be taking possession of my things until October, when I'll be leaving Florida to join her. Please make sure you obtain a moving company that can handle my piano since not all movers will do so. Trust me, it was a task getting it moved into storage.

Please let me know if there will be any problems getting this done. And thank you for confirmation that Miss Swan has been added as my beneficiary.

Sincerely,
Sgt. E. A. Masen Jr.

~oooOOOooo~

Tampa... Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 9:18 P.M.

Popping the last bite of sandwich into my mouth, I flipped through my phone. The house was quiet because Emmett and Jasper were shooting pool with some of the guys. They'd invited me as usual, but I'd declined. I knew I'd be hearing from Bella at some point today. And I had, which caused me to smile as I looked at the last of the pictures she'd just sent.

I shook my head at the paint hand prints clearly on her breasts and ass, but it was the happy, silly grin she was sporting that made my chest swell. Bella occasionally needed reassurance that there was light at the end of this long ass tunnel, and I didn't blame her one bit. Our beginning wasn't exactly the norm, so some of our relationship was pure, blind faith. If the information about the movers didn't help set her mind at ease, then only my arrival would, but I just hoped it helped. For me, on the other hand, seeing my girl absolutely stupid with happiness about cleaning out a spare room just for me, for my things... Well, there was nothing like it.

My phone started to vibrate and ring in my hands, and I immediately picked up.

"There's my little Van Gogh," I chuckled.

"God, I hope not. He went mad and cut his own ear off!" she countered with a laugh. "I miss you, babe, but um...no."

Laughing, my head fell to the back of the sofa. "I like your ears. Leave them."

"I think I will, thank you very much," she sighed happily. "Looks okay, right? The room?"

"Oh, sweetheart, it could be painted camo for all I care. It's beautiful," I told her honestly. "I can't wait to see what you do next."

"I'll send you more pictures soon, I promise," she vowed.

"Hey," I said, sitting up straighter. "Did you check your email this morning?"

"No, sweetie, not yet; I knew I'd call you. Why?"

"I forwarded the movers' info to you. They'll be loading up sometime next week, so you should be getting it all by the sixth or seventh. Is that okay? Will you be done by then?" I asked her, thinking I may have been rushing her.

"That's perfect, actually," she squealed, making me grin. "All I have left is to put the bookshelves back once the paint is dry."

"Speaking of paint, sexy girl," I growled dramatically in order to tease her. "Care to tell me whose hands touched what's mine?"

Her laugh was loud and silly. "Yeah, Alice's. She came up behind me and did it. I got her back, though. I rolled that rusty color all the way down her back. It's all still yours, handsome, because Alice isn't my type. Trust me."

"I do," I said with a smile. "Totally. But for a minute there, I thought some neighbor came over..."

"Edward, I live next door to an elderly woman, who, by the way, is just itching to meet you. Says you're a fox," she giggled.

"I am a fox," I chuckled, letting the sound of her laugh warm me through and through. "You didn't show her my underwear picture, did you?"

"No! That's all mine."

"Good," I sighed in relief. "Not that I care, really, but it would be a little uncomfortable knowing that the little old lady next door has seen what I look like in my skivvies before I even move in."

"She'd like it, though. She's a shameless thing," Bella chuckled.

Smiling, I could feel my whole body relax at just this simple conversation. I couldn't wait for any of it – meeting neighbors and Charlie, learning to get around a new city, trying to figure out my career. Which reminded me...

"Baby, when I get home, there's something we need to talk about," I started, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Okay," she said, dragging out the word.

"It's just... I need to figure out what I'm going to do once I'm there," I told her. "Your father offered to help me join the police force in Seattle, but..." I paused when she groaned. "Exactly, sweet girl. I don't know if I could do that to you. You already worry about your dad, and he's in a small town. This would be a big city. I saw your face when I got hurt. I don't know if I could take seeing you like that again."

"Edward, I'd back whatever decision you made. Honestly," she said, but I wasn't convinced. "Would I be terrified of something happening to you? Yes, but that wouldn't change, even if you were just driving to the damn store."

"I know that, but I was thinking of...going back to school," I said softly, unsure of what she'd think. "Is that stupid? I mean, I would be like the oldest freshman there." I chuckled, running a hand over my short hair.

"It doesn't matter your age, babe," she giggled. "School? Really? What for?"

"Music Education. I want to teach piano like my mother," I stated, bracing myself for laughter, but it didn't come.

"Oh, Edward. I think you'd be really good at it. And yeah, if that's what you want, I'm a hundred percent behind you," she gushed.

"I have time to decide, and I'm sure that I'll need to re-test and shit, but I just... I mean... I can still take care of you, Bella," I rambled, standing up and started to pace.

"Babe, stop. I know you'll take care of me. I'm not worried about it," she stated firmly. "Why don't you give it some more thought, and we can talk about it again once you're here? But I will tell you that U-Dub has a fantastic music department."

"Yeah?" I asked, leaning in the kitchen. "I think Jasper's thinking of school, too. History or something. I heard him talking to Alice the other night."

"Well, good. You can go together. Then you won't be the only old man," she teased.

Grinning, I rolled my eyes. "I'll show you old man, Isabella."

"You'd make a cute old man," she mused aloud, which only caused me to laugh.

"Hush, sexy girl. I'm pretty sure you'll drive me to an early grave just by trying to keep up with you. I'm not done exploring every inch of you, beautiful," I crooned to her, just to hear the sweet moan echo over the phone.

"Yeah, what a way to go...death by orgasm... I'll be sure to put that on your tombstone, babe," she said wryly.

Laughing, I shook my head, glancing up when the boys pulled into the driveway. I walked down the hall to my bedroom, closing the door behind me; I just wanted my girl. No distractions.

I fell down onto my bed, gazing up at the ceiling. "So school starts soon. You ready?" I asked her, letting her sweet voice fill the void of not having her with me. In fact, I planned on keeping her talking all damn night because damn, I just missed her.

~oOo~

0 comments:

Post a Comment