Wednesday, July 11, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 75 - Bella

~oOo~

From: Bella Swan
To: EAMasen
Date Sent: Sun, June 06, 2010 at 11:47 P.M.
Date Received: Mon, June 07, 2010 at 3:47 A.M.
Subject: So tired, I feel like I could fall asleep at the computer...

I can't even imagine how tired you must be, babe. You haven't had much down time, even in your days off so far! LOL

It was so good to talk to you tonight, Edward. Yes, of course the first bit was amazing. ;) But I mean all the conversation after. That's really the first time we've gotten to talk as long as we've wanted on the phone, and... Yeah, I just loved it. I love finding out every little thing I can about you. Hearing more about when you were a kid, the stuff from your first days in the Army... All of that just shaped you into you, and that makes it special.

After we got off the phone earlier, I started looking around online at different songs I'd never heard, and one caught my eye (ear...whatever...). Come Home by OneRepublic. It's hauntingly beautiful and made me think of you. Here's some of the lyrics, but you should really go to YouTube and search for it. *sigh*

Hello world
Hope you're listening
Forgive me if I'm young
For speaking out of turn
There's someone I've been missing
I think that they could be
The better half of me
They're in the wrong place trying to make it right
But I'm tired of justifying
So I say to you..

Come home
Come home
Cause I've been waiting for you
For so long
For so long
And right now there's a war between the vanities
But all I see is you and me
The fight for you is all I've ever known
So come home

And of course, Never Alone by Lady Antebellum is one of my favorite songs, and I never really, truly felt that song so deep in my soul as I do now...

May the angels protect you, trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you when it's time to go home
May you always have plenty, the glass never empty
And know in your belly, you're never alone

May your tears come from laughing, you find friends worth having
As every year passes, they mean more than gold
May you win and stay humble, smile more than grumble
And know when you stumble, you're never alone

Never alone, never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart when you face the unknown
Wherever you fly this isn't goodbye
My love will follow you, stay with you, baby, you're never alone

Both songs just say so much to me now. And they aren't the only things. It's like I look at the world a whole different way now that I have you in my life. Before, I really didn't look far in the future. I knew I was going to teach, but that was pretty much it. I rent this house, I don't have any savings, and before you, it was like I was just kind of drifting. I wanted what Alice and Rose have, but I just couldn't see how to get there, so I'd kind of given up, thinking it would happen when it happened...or it wouldn't.

I'm so glad I didn't push things, that I didn't rush things with someone else, like Jacob or Mike, because if I had, I wouldn't have you...and I wouldn't have a future that I'm really, really looking forward to reaching.

I love you so much, Edward, and sometimes that scares me. But know this... I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

I know you're going to be busy tomorrow, checking out the base, catching up on laundry, and getting all your "pre-work" work done so you're ready for Tuesday, but write when you can. The girls and I have plans to hang out. Not sure what we're doing, but you know I'll have my phone on me, so I'll be available.

Loving you always,
Bella

~oOo~

0 comments:

Post a Comment