Friday, July 13, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 81 - Bella

~oOo~

Seattle... Friday, June 11, 2010 at 7:10 P.M.

"Oh, Edward," I sighed, feeling my heart break at his sad, sweet words. "I promised Charlie... I can't... You know I would if I could..."

"Hey, I know that, sweetheart," he said with a shake of his head, his tone instantly softened. "I promise you that I'm not upset about it. Now... Tell me what I've missed this week..."

I felt horrible – absolutely wrecked – about lying to him about the next weekend. I knew it was for a good cause, because in the end, the surprise would be worth it, but even though he was trying so hard to sound strong, I could tell he was feeling a little hurt that I was spending the weekend with my father rather than making the trip to Florida to see him – or so he thought. The only thing I could do to make him feel better would be to either fess up about our plans or distract him, so like he'd asked, I started telling him about my week.

"Hmm," I mused, putting a finger to my lips and tapping a few times. "Let's see... Well, for one, this is the first evening I've had to myself all week." I snorted. "I think the girls have been afraid I'll be too lonely now that you are so close and yet still so far away, because they've appointed themselves my babysitters. I hated to say anything, because frankly, they're kind of right... But still, it's good to have the house to myself for the night."

Edward smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. When he spoke, I knew why.

"Sweetheart, I know you've been on your own for a while now... Are you sure you're going to want me there all the—"

I frowned, shaking my head as I interrupted him. "Edward Masen, you listen to me and you listen good." When he was quiet for a moment, I continued. "Having you here? That's my biggest dream right now, honey." I readjusted myself on the bed, taking a moment to gather my thoughts. "Yes, I've been living alone for a few years now, but it's not like I want to be alone. You being here will make my life complete. It will make this house into a home. Rose and Alice are great, and I love them like sisters, but it's a constant bevy of conversation. There's no real quiet, where I'm listening to them play me something on the piano while I read, or where we sit together on the couch and read or watch something on TV. Those are the things I'm looking forward to once you've moved in here with me. You feel me?"

He was quiet for a second, and then a wicked slow grin crawled up face. "Not yet, love, but as soon as we're together I will be..."

I couldn't help myself. I threw my head back and laughed, loving the hell out of his dirty-as-fuck mind.

"Anyway..." I stuck my tongue out at him, winking. "I finished my second manuscript today and already got sent a third to work on, so that's nice. This one is a paranormal romance, which I love, so that should be fun."

He quirked an eyebrow. "Paranormal, as in vampires and werewolves and supernatural hoohah like that?"

Laughing, I nodded. "Yeah, babe, exactly like that. It's a male vampire who falls in love with a human girl. It should be good."

I thought I heard him mumble better you than me, but I couldn't be sure, so I just ignored it. I knew I'd enjoy it even if it wasn't something he'd like.

"Let's see... Oh! I think I need to go to the dentist next week. I bit down on some caramel popcorn last night, and I think I chipped my back molar pretty badly. I can feel a rough edge," I told him, running my tongue across my damaged tooth.

"Ouch," Edward said with a frown. Rubbing his hand over his jaw, he asked, "Will you be okay?"

I waved him off. "I'll be fine. I'm not really afraid of the dentist. I'm sure he'll just have to file it down. No biggie."

"Okay, good." He smiled. "You can always text me if you need me, sweetheart."

"I know, babe. Thank you." I was quiet for a moment, thinking of what else he hadn't heard about my week, and then my eyes fell on the bag in the corner. "Oh! I didn't tell you about going shopping today, did I?"

Edward shook his head. "Nope. What'd you shop for? Stuff for cookies?" His tone was teasing, but ever so hopeful.

I laughed, shaking my head. "Hold that thought."

Scrambling off the bed, I jumped to my feet and moved over to get the striped pink bag. Bending down to pick it up, I heard a groan from the computer.

"Fuck, Bella," Edward growled softly. "You're trying to kill me, aren't you, beautiful? My shirt and no panties?"

I made a squeaking noise and dropped the bag, pulling the shirt down over my ass. "Shit!" I hissed, feeling my face flame. I hadn't meant to give him a show.

"Aww, baby, you weren't supposed to cover it up..."

I grabbed the bag, keeping my hand on the hem of my shirt to keep it from riding up again, and walked back to the bed, deciding to play it cool.

"I figured I'd probably be wet just from hearing your voice, so why dirty up a perfect good pair of panties?" I teased.

This time, he groaned and reached down below the camera. From the movement of his chest and arm, I could tell he was adjusting himself.

"You still didn't have to cover it back up," he huffed. "I barely got a glimpse of that sweet ass, Isabella. That wasn't nearly enough."

I felt my face flame again and almost said fuck it, reaching for my shirt, but then I remembered the decision I'd come to shortly after making the plans for our trip to Florida.

"Soon, babe," I teased. "I kind of want to wait until you can see it all in person...if that's okay with you. I want it to be special when you see me for the first time and not just over the webcam." Giggling, I said, "You, on the other hand... If you want to show me what those shorts are covering, you can absolutely feel free."

My heart rate tripled as Edward immediately turned the camera enough for me to see down the line of his body. His hand went to the outside of his shorts, and I could see as he wrapped his hand around himself from the outside. I was nearly panting, ready to do fucking anything to get him to take the shorts off when he stopped and moved the laptop back to his face.

"I think that's a good idea, sweetheart," he said sweetly, his voice anything but. It was full of teasing and sexiness. "Anticipation will make it even sweeter."

I groaned, suddenly very unsure that I wouldn't die of want before then.

"What's in the bag, Isabella?" he said in a smooth voice. "Is that some pretty panties for me?"

Giggling, I teased, "Well, they were for me, but if you really want them, I suppose I can get a new pair for myself..."

"Hush, silly girl," Edward laughed. "I meant for me to see on you, and you know it. Now...I want to see the spoils of that shopping trip, love."

I shook my head. "Not so fast, Masen," I teased. These were for our trip; there was no way I was showing him now. "These are a gift for you, yes, but they're a surprise, babe. If I show you now, they won't be a surprise when you get pictures, will they? If you're a good boy, maybe I'll even take one tonight so you have it tomorrow, hmm?"

He grinned, raising an eyebrow. "I can be a very good boy, Isabella," he purred. "You should know that by now."

Laughing, I set the bag aside. "Go take another shower and work off some of that lust you're putting out there, baby. I need to go eat dinner."

Edward pouted, but nodded. "Yeah, I suppose that's a good idea. You need your strength if you're going to keep up with me." He winked sexily.

Rolling my eyes, I just giggled. "You're incorrigible. I love you, Edward."

"Oh, baby," he huffed, suddenly serious again. "I love you, too, sweetheart. Can we talk again before I go back to work on Monday?"

I smiled, loving how fucking sweet he was. "Of course. And you need to sit down and write me an email... You've got to come up with a question now, ya know."

"Good. I have to do some laundry tomorrow, and I need to run to the post office. I have to mail you a new T-shirt, after all. We'll talk tomorrow night?"

"I'll be here," I promised.

My heart began to ache as I waited for the words I always hated to hear.

"All right. That will have to do, then, I suppose." He smiled softly. "I love you, beautiful. Talk to you again tomorrow night."

"'Kay. Good night, Edward."

"Bye, love." He reached toward the camera, and then the screen went black.

With a heavy heart, I closed my Skype, grabbed a clean pair of panties from the drawer, and went to heat up some dinner.

~oOo~

0 comments:

Post a Comment