Wednesday, August 1, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 133 - Bella

~oOo~

From: Bella Swan
To: EAMasen
Date Sent: Tues, Sept 07, 2010 at 11:42 A.M.
Date Received: Tues, Sept 07, 2010 at 2:42 P.M.
Subject: Quiet lunch alone

Hey, babe.

I'm sitting here at my desk, eating the chicken salad with crackers and cheese I brought for my lunch. I chose to eat alone today because there's no one I want to eat with in the teacher's lounge, and it's not my day to sit in the cafeteria with the kids. Angela (remember? she's one of the new teachers this year...) is so sweet and friendly, and she has the same lunch period as I do, but she's out running an errand for wedding prep. Jessica, the other new teacher, invited me to sit with her, but Mike was going to be there, and I just did not feel like dealing with him. All seeing him does is make me miss you even more. Don't worry...it isn't anything he did or said. But every time I see his cocky grin or hear his smarmy voice hitting on Jessica, it makes me realize how much better you are than he is...and that just leads me to thinking about and missing you.

I'd better go. I have a few things I need to get ready for my class before they come back from lunch, so I should eat while I can.

Loving you always,
Bella

~oooOOOooo~

From: Bella Swan
To: EAMasen
Date Sent: Wed, Sept 08, 2010 at 10:14 A.M.
Date Received: Wed, Sept 08, 2010 at 1:14 P.M.
Subject: Thank you for the phone call! :)

Edward,

I'm so glad you called last night. I was feeling really blue. Between helping Sue plan her wedding to my dad, watching a sad movie, and editing a romance novel where the hero and heroine were together and happy, I desperately needed to hear your voice. I don't know why I'm missing you as much as I am. Maybe it's because I know we have less than a month until you're here with me, so I'm just that anxious. Maybe it's because I'm just extra hormonal right now. I don't know. But talking to you helped a lot.

I loved hearing about Jeff Wells and his reaction to the promotion. I'm so glad it will be helping out his family, especially after finding out his wife is pregnant! How exciting for them, although I can't even imagine having four kids under the age of five...

Angela invited me and the girls over for dinner tomorrow night to meet Ben, her fiance. He's some sort of tech guy. I think he actually works for Big Fish Games, which is kind of cool. I play their games on the computer all the time. Anyway, I told her I would bring a dessert to go with her dinner if she'd like, and since she loved the cookies I made to welcome her to the school, she readily agreed. I made some chocolate chip cookies last night when I couldn't get to sleep, so I think I'll pick up a pint of ice cream and some chocolate sprinkles and nuts, and we can make our own ice cream sandwiches. Should be fun.

I'd better run. I love you!

Always,
Bella

~oooOOOooo~

From: Bella Swan
To: EAMasen

Date Sent: Thurs, Sept 09, 2010 at 9:22 P.M.
Date Received: Fri, Sept 10, 2010 at 12:22 A.M.
Subject: Missing you...

Thank you for the text earlier, Sarge. I know you've been really busy getting this last batch of recruits ready and making sure Jeff and Manny are ready to take over for you guys. I miss your voice, though. LOL Yes, I know we just spoke Monday. Sue me. ;)

I'm attaching a picture of the dress Sue wants me to wear for her wedding. It's just something pretty she found online, so the girls and I went shopping right after school to try it on (only $100 at Macy's, so it's not too bad a price), and it fit like a glove. Alice took a picture with her phone when I wasn't looking and then sent it to me. I went ahead and bought it, and if it doesn't work on Leah, Sue's daughter, I can return it. I think it should, though. She's got a body that will work with anything. Lucky girl...

I think the girls are up to something for my birthday. They've been asking me for a couple of weeks what I wanted, but it's like it suddenly has just become another day for them. Which is great, don't get me wrong! LOL It just feels weird! I asked them earlier if they wanted to plan to go out this weekend to the club, since we haven't been in a while, and they kind of blew me off. *shrug* Maybe my dad is coming up. Sue mentioned wanting to come to Seattle to look at wedding cakes since the only good bakery in Forks is going to be all but dead in October because the owner & baker is due to have a baby sometime early that month. Unfortunately, my cake decorating skills aren't up to snuff for a wedding. It would be good to see them, but I'd rather it be you! A girl can dream, right?

*sigh* I guess I'll let you go. I'm going to make myself some hot chocolate and read, I think. I've already graded papers, and I don't want to watch a movie. It's also too early to go to bed, so I think I'll start the new book I picked up at the library on my way home.

I love you so much, Edward. I miss you more and more every day, especially when we don't get to talk each night. :( I know it isn't too much longer until we see each other. I can handle 3 weeks. I just have to convince myself of that fact! :)

Love,

Bella

~oooOOOooo~

Seattle... Thursday, September 09, 2010 at 9:53 P.M.

I was settled back on the couch with my book and hot chocolate after sending Edward's email when my computer dinged with an incoming video chat request. I quickly sat up, opening the lid to the laptop and pulling it onto my lap, smiling when I saw the request from Edward. Clicking Accept, I settled back against the cushion, sighing when he came into view.

"Edward Masen," I chided, unable to keep the grin from my face, even while scolding him. "What in the world are you doing up? It's one in the morning!"

Edward looked sheepish, running his hand through his short hair. "I couldn't get to sleep, so I got your email when I logged in. I figured I'd email you a short note before going for a run or something, but I realized I wanted to hear your voice and see your sweet smile. I miss you, pretty girl," he finished with a sigh.

Frowning, I nodded. "I miss you, too, babe. I'm sorry you can't sleep."

He shrugged. "It's okay. Just was a long day, and I'm kind of wound up. This is better anyway." He smiled again, lighting up the screen. "The dress is beautiful, Bella. Keep it even if you have to find something else for the wedding. I'll pay for it if I need to, but that dark blue looks so good against that creamy skin of yours. I want you to wear it when we go out sometime. Please? For me?"

I laughed, smirking. "All right," I promised. "And you don't need to pay for it, Sarge. But I appreciate the offer."

Nodding, he sighed. "It's good to see you, love. It's been too long since we talked on here."

Sipping my hot chocolate, I hummed my agreement.

"So tell me all about your dinner with Angela and Ben. Did you have fun?"

I smiled as he settled down farther into his bed, propping himself up on an elbow on his side to listen.

Thirty minutes later, Edward was trying desperately to hide his yawns, but he wasn't fooling me.

"That's enough," I laughed, shaking my head. "Go to bed, Masen. We can talk again on here this weekend, but earlier, when it's not after midnight for you, okay?"

He looked like he wanted to argue, but instead, he bit down on his lower lip for a minute and then nodded. "Promise to wear something sexy for me next time I see you?"

Rolling my eyes, I sighed playfully. "I suppose," I teased. "You can take your pick of colors, even. How's that sound?"

Edward grinned lecherously. "I pick nude," he said with an eyebrow wiggle before it was interrupted with a big yawn.

I laughed out loud at that. "Go to bed, Sarge, before you fall asleep on the computer."

He grumped but nodded. "Love you, beautiful girl."

My heart melted at his sincere tone and sweet words. "I love you, too, babe. Good night..."

"Good night, Bella." He smiled once more and then reached up toward the screen.

The call ended, taking half my heart with it.

I sighed, closed the laptop, and picked up my mug and book. I was done. My bed was calling, and having nothing to do but mope, I decided it was time to answer.

~oOo~

0 comments:

Post a Comment