Monday, August 6, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 139 - Bella

~oOo~

Seattle... September 11, 2010 at 6:42 P.M.

"I'll be right back," Edward murmured, excusing himself quietly from the table before heading back to the hallway where the restrooms were located.

On our way into the Space Needle a few minutes before, an older woman's pretty hat had blown off her head, and Edward, being much more spry than her husband, had taken off after it. He'd gotten the woman's hat back, much to her pleasure and his embarrassment; she had pulled him in for a quick hug and kiss to his cheek, making him blush and stammer out that it had been no trouble. Unfortunately, he'd also gotten dirt on his hands, so he was going now to clean them after placing our drink orders.

I watched him walk confidently through the dining room and sighed. He was gorgeous, even from behind, although I had to chuckle because that was what he'd said to me as we'd been getting ready to leave the hotel a few minutes before. We had been in a hurry because our reservations were for six thirty, and by the time we'd left the Space Needle, it was already four o'clock. We'd have been fine, but then Edward had seen the Ride the Ducks of Seattle tour, and since I hadn't been on it, either, we'd decided to go. Like the underground tour, the "ducks" had lasted ninety minutes, which meant by the time we got back to the hotel, we'd had less than an hour for us both to shower and dress for dinner.

Edward walked out of the bathroom wrapped in only a towel, making me check my chin for drool.

"Holy crap, you're hot!" I blurted before giggling at the sexy smirk that grew on his face until he was grinning from ear to ear. "What? It's true!" I waved a hand loosely from head to toe. "Water, six-pack... I can't help it if I want to lick you all over."

He burst out laughing. "Maybe later, sweetheart. I'm taking you out tonight. No arguments."

I pouted until he came over to me, firm grip on his towel, and kissed me once, making me sigh happily. "Fine," I huffed teasingly. "But next time, we shower together."

He waggled an eyebrow suggestively a few times before grinning and turning me toward the bathroom. "Go. Shower. You have—" he checked his watch "—thirty minutes."

I squealed and ran to the bathroom, shedding my clothes as I went. When I stepped out of my jeans just outside the bathroom door, leaving me in only my bra and panties, Edward made an appreciative noise in his throat.

"Fucking gorgeous view, Isabella..."

Without looking back, I reached behind me, unsnapped my bra, and slid it down my arms to drop it on the floor, laughing at Edward's very long, very deep groan.

"Ma'am, would you like something to start off your meal?"

I came out of the daydream to see the waiter standing beside the table. I was surprised to see that he'd set Edward's beer and my wine down already.

"Oh, sorry! Yes, please. We'll take the Dungeness Crab Cakes," I said, pointing to the menu. From our previous emails, I knew that was something Edward and I both liked.

"Excellent choice," the waiter – Thomas, if I remembered right – said, nodding. "I'll be back in a few minutes to take the rest of your order." He gave me a friendly smile and turned to go back to the kitchen.

I took a sip of my wine and was looking out at the view when I saw Edward's reflection in the glass just before he slid into his seat across from me.

"If he doesn't keep his eyes to himself..." he growled under his breath, just loud enough for me to hear.

Laughing softly, I turned to him and shook my head. "Edward, the boy is nineteen, if a day. I'm too old for him... He called me ma'am, for goodness sakes. Besides, he's just being friendly."

"Mmm." He huffed again before picking up his beer and taking a drink. When he set it down, he was smiling. "You're just too beautiful, love. If I didn't say it enough earlier, you make that dress look stunning."

Shrugging, I teased, "This old thing?"

He smirked because I'd told him at the hotel that it was one of my newest purchases that I'd bought specifically to wear out with him once he moved here, and Alice must have decided that this weekend was the perfect time for me to wear it.

We made small talk until Thomas materialized beside our table, pen and tablet in hand.

"Do you know what you'd like for your main course tonight?" he asked, looking at me and smiling.

"Yes, thank you, Thomas." I smiled back at him, picking up the menu again. Pointing to the first entree on the list, I said, "I'll have the salmon with the grilled asparagus instead of kale, if that's all right."

Thomas wrote my order, nodding. "Yes, absolutely. You'll enjoy the asparagus."

Edward cleared his throat, drawing our attention.

"A-And for you, sir?" Thomas said, stammering before regaining his composure.

"I'll have the New York Strip," Edward answered gruffly.

I had to hold in my laughter when Thomas paled even further. I knew Edward was all bark and no bite at the moment, but Thomas apparently didn't. Sliding my foot out of my shoe under the table, I stretched out my leg and found Edward's, rubbing gently up and down his calf.

He visibly relaxed, reaching out for my hand.

I slid my hand into his as Thomas asked how Edward would like his steak cooked.

"Medium, thank you." It wasn't nearly as hard as the last, and I could tell Thomas appreciated it.

I squeezed his hand to show my thanks that he had backed off a bit. Edward had told me that everywhere we'd gone today, I'd had at least one admirer. He'd apparently reached his limit.

Once Thomas had left the table, Edward seemed to relax completely. We picked up our conversation from before placing our order.

"So you think you guys are going to start packing up the house that last week?"

Edward nodded, rolling his eyes. "You'd be amazed at how much...stuff...we've bought since being back in the U.S. Just the other day, Emmett came home from the store with the oddest thing..."

I chuckled, rubbing my thumb on Edward's palm as I listened to the story of Emmett and the musical fish that he'd insisted on hanging on the living room wall.

~oooOOOooo~

By the time we had finished our entrees, the sky outside was dark, and the skyline was lit up, making the view incredibly dramatic.

"I love looking out like this," I said. "It's so pretty with all the lights on the buildings."

Edward hummed appreciatively and then stood, coming around to sit beside me. "You were too far away," he said quietly, leaning over and brushing a kiss on my cheek and trailing his nose up to my ear. "And it's not the view I'm looking at, beautiful girl."

He scooted my chair closer until our shoulders were touching and then reached below the table. My dress was short enough that his hand landed on skin, and he groaned softly, squeezing my leg once.

We talked while waiting for Thomas to bring our check, and through it all, Edward was running his hand up and down my thigh. At one point, I moaned when his fingers brushed against my center and paused, his hand tense on my leg.

"No panties, Isabella?" he growled softly into my ear. "Oh, love, I'm glad I didn't know that until now. There's no way we'd have made it out of the hotel if I'd known that."

I smiled, nodding my head slowly. "All for you, Sarge. What are you going to do about it?"

Abruptly, Edward moved his hand away from my leg, pulling out his wallet. He reached in, shuffled through bills, and then tossed a wad of cash onto the table just as Thomas stepped up with the check. Edward glanced at it and nodded.

"That should cover everything," he said tightly, sliding his wallet back into his slacks. "Thank you."

When he stood, he held out his hand for mine, and once I had gotten to my feet and smoothed out my dress, I took it, smiling at Thomas.

"Thank you," I told the young man, giggling as Edward squeezed my hand and then tugged gently, moving me along.

"Come, Isabella," he said, his voice now a purr. "We need to get back to the hotel...now."

Finally, I thought to myself with a silent giggle, quickening my steps.

~oOo~

0 comments:

Post a Comment