Monday, August 6, 2012 | By: Drotuno

Coming Home Chapter 144 - Edward

~oOo~

From: EAMasen
To: Bella Swan
Date Sent: Wed, Sept 15, 2010 at 7:26 A.M.
Date Received: Wed, Sept 15, 2010 at 4:26 A.M.
Subject: One of those days...

Hey beautiful,

Yesterday was a Murphy's Law kinda day. :( If it could go wrong, then it most likely did go wrong. It started by dropping my coffee mug on the kitchen floor first thing in the morning, then a nick while shaving – you would've thought I'd slit my throat with as much as I bled – and then finally, one of my recruits got himself hurt on the obstacle course. Thankfully, he only sprained his ankle, so he'll be up and running in no time. Oh, not to mention Emmett busted one of his controllers for his Xbox, which resulted in language I've never even heard...and that's saying something, because I'm in the damn Army. We aren't exact mild-mannered. Last but not least...it rained cats and dogs yesterday, so the whole driveway was covered in fallen branches – including the tops of our cars. The rental company will be thrilled. O_o

I'm so sorry I didn't email sooner. After talking to you on your birthday (I'm glad the girls took you out to dinner), I finally caught up on most of my sleep from traveling on Sunday. And then there was the "Tuesday we must not speak of..."

I miss you with a sickness. **sigh** It amazes me that I could become spoiled by you in just two and a half short days. :( Coming back to reality, to work, and to the two loud, nosy guys I live with that act like gossiping old women just makes me want to fly back and hide behind you. Forever. Save me! I thought I'd never hear the end of it when they caught sight of the mark on my neck left by you – thank you very much. I told Emmett to shut the fuck up. Don't hate the player, baby...hate the game! **laugh** Jealous jackasses.

The only thing getting me through is knowing that Jasper will be bringing home some boxes tonight so that we can start packing up things we don't need every day. I planned on sending a few things in the next day or so, but I'll let you know when they're on their way. We don't need stuff like dress clothes (my hot-as-hell date is in Seattle), and some of our movies, pictures, and music can be shipped now. And as much as I hate to do it, I'll probably have to ship my keyboard to you soon. :( I'll miss it the last week, but hell, I'll have all of it soon, so I'm sure I'll live.

Oh, sweet girl, I wish you could've seen your face when you saw me at your classroom door. You were so beautiful and such a sight for sore eyes. I swear to God. I can't wait for days when I can pick you up from work and take you out...or just bring you home and kiss every inch of you. And seeing you at work only reinforces my belief that I've been awfully naughty, Miss Swan...

Meeting your class was just about the scariest thing I've ever done, and I've been in a war. LOL They're very curious, fun, and not afraid to ask anything. As far as the whole father thing goes... The thought frightens the shit out of me, to be honest. To be responsible for the life of another human being worries me, but then I think about you and just how amazing you'd be... I don't know, Bella. I'm certainly not opposed to discussing it in the future. But dear God, I know she'd be beautiful...just like her mother.

I'd better go for my run and then get ready for work. I love you. I love you more than you can possibly conceive.

Always,
Edward

P.S. By the way, Isabella... You may have had your elevator fantasy fulfilled, but I have not. **raising eyebrow at you** So keep that in mind as time ticks closer. One day, I will take you when no one's looking. I will shut the son of a bitch down and take you hard and fast before the alarm even has a chance to sound. Mark my words, beautiful.

~oooOOOooo~

Tampa... Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 2:32 P.M.

My phone rang as I pointed a steak knife at Emmett. I answered it even as my threat to him came rolling out of my mouth. "I said I'd fucking clean it, but you didn't have to make it worse, asshole. I should pour that shit on your bed."

Emmett merely laughed, continuing to play his video game.

"And you should be boxing the rest of those movies. I don't want to hear a fucking word if you miss the UPS guy. Not one," I snapped.

Bella's giggle echoed through the phone. "Which one this time, babe?"

"Emmett," I grumbled, walking back into the kitchen. "He thought it'd be funny to add ice cream to a blender that was already running. The shit went everywhere. But the kitchen rules are that I do the cleaning. Damn him and his milkshakes."

Bella laughed again. "I'll tell Rose he's slacking. Don't sweat it, Edward."

I huffed some noncommittal sound as I pressed the phone between my ear and shoulder in order to finish the last few dishes in the sink. "By the way... Hi, baby."

"Hi, handsome," she snickered. "So I guess I don't have to ask how your day is going."

"It was fine until I had to clean chocolate syrup from the light fixture," I sighed wearily. "It's official, love. I'm ready to trade my roommates for someone much softer, sweeter...cleaner." I grunted the last word through gritted teeth as I found one more blob of melted ice cream dripping slowly down the fridge door.

"Really now?" she asked sarcastically, and for the first time in two hours, I cracked a smile.

"Yes, really. You smell better than they do. You sound better. You're infinitely sexier. Yeah, really, really sexy..." I chuckled. "And you wouldn't torture me with this kitchen madness."

Bella laughed again. "Maybe, maybe not. I think we've proven that we both can be rather messy, babe. Ice cream sounds...intriguing."

The purr to her voice made my brain go all fuzzy for just a moment, and I groaned at the image she'd put there.

"Don't tease, Isabella," I huffed, smirking at her laugh as I finally threw in the towel – literally, into the kitchen sink – and walked down the hall to my room, closing the door behind me.

"Okay, okay," she giggled. "So did I hear you right? The UPS guy is coming today?"

"Yeah," I replied, sitting on the edge of the bed. "You should have a few boxes arrive by Wednesday at the latest. One box is movies and music, love. Feel free to crack it open...or any of them, really. Most of it is stuff you've sent me."

"You packed up all my pictures? You mean, there's no more Bella altar in your room?" she asked with a laugh.

"I kept my favorites—" I chuckled, looking up at the very first picture she'd sent me while I was in Afghanistan and the one we'd taken together when she was here "—but I have the best ones on my computer. If I'm missing you, I pull those up."

"Aw, that's sweet," she crooned, "but you don't fool me, Sarge. I know one of the piano pictures is your wallpaper."

"One?" I laughed. "Try all of them. I have it set to flip through them every fifteen minutes."

"Perv." She snorted, and I could just imagine that she was rolling those beautiful dark eyes.

"Only for you, sexy girl," I said, lowering my voice. "So, are you free all day?"

"Actually, I'm not," she sighed. "I've got tests and book reports to grade, not to mention a manuscript I need to finish by Monday. But I'll have my phone beside me."

"I love you," I sighed, "and is it pathetic that I wish I could just be there with you while you do that shit?"

"No more pathetic than I wish you were here playing the piano while I did it," she countered with a laugh. "Soon, Edward. What? A week and a half now?"

"Yeah." I nodded stupidly in the phone. "Call me when you take a break. And you will take a break, Miss Swan. Don't wear yourself out before I can get there to do it for you."

I grinned at the moan that echoed into my ear.

"You...are the devil," she sighed. "And I love you for it."

"Good. Call me later," I told her. "I have to go beat Emmett's ass. How attached is Rose to him, really? I mean..."

"Oh, don't kill him. Just...threaten his Xbox. That'll get him moving," she suggested with a laugh. "Hide all the games."

"Ooh, you're good, sweet girl. Thanks."

"I try, I try," she sighed haughtily. "Talk to you later. Love you."

"Bye, love."

I fell back on the bed with a groan. My patience for waiting had officially run out. I was so ready to be home. The rumbling of an engine in the driveway caught my attention, but it was Emmett's curse that made me sit up.

"Shit, the UPS guy is here!" he yelled.

I shook my head, mumbling to myself. "So ready for a new roommate."

~oOo~

1 comments:

Evelyne-raconte said...

One more week and it's the big move thing. Very good chapters, those lasts, thank you.

Post a Comment