Sunday, October 20, 2013 | By: Drotuno

New Story! Fire & Ice - Gravity Series #4




SUMMARY: FOURTH in the Gravity Series. When one of their own is threatened, the crew will have to travel halfway around the globe to get them back. What they find will have them racing against the odds to save more than just one life.
Note from Deb: Oh, yes, Mercward is back! Hang in there, I need to go over a few things before we start. I promise to not keep you long, nor do I plan on uber-long A/Ns every chapter.
I need to thank everyone that PMed, reviewed, begged, pleaded, and bribed (yes, bribed) me to continue with “just one more” story in the Gravity Series. Another big thank you for everyone that said Mercward’s my FAVE Edward. However, I’ll be honest…I held off doing another one. Other plot bunnies came to the forefront, or it just wasn’t time, or I wasn’t in the right frame of mind, but I’ve had a plot outlined for this for a year.

Now…it’s been two years since I posted Smoke & Mirrors, so I took that into consideration before deciding to carry that forward into Fire & Ice. We will pick up 2 years after the last story.
Another thing…I reread the whole series myself, reread just about every review, and I wanted to step back a bit, go back to how Blood & Glory felt…and Sin & Innocence, too, if I’m still being honest. I will warn you that this is as dark as the ones before it – darker maybe – but I’m not here to rip Mercward and Sweetness apart with drama aimed at their marriage. That’s not how I work. We are stepping back into their lives just as we’ve done before, but this plot is like the ones before it – action, adventure, violence, foul language, and lemony goodness (pfft!!! like that would change). If those aren’t your thing, then this isn’t for you. I STRONGLY suggest that you read the others before attempting to dive into this one.
I do want to tell you that these chapters aren’t as long as the stories before it. That doesn’t mean anything other than it was easier on ME personally as far as how this plot goes. And that’s not to say they won’t vary in length depending on content. I found that somewhere around 6000 words was less cumbersome than before. Pfft, that simply means there may be more chapters in the long run. And no, I don’t know how many there will be at this point.
I need to thank a few people now…and will most likely thank them many, many times before this is complete. JenRar, who stayed perfectly patient while waiting for me to get back around to Mercward, but was a teary mess when she read this first chapter. MWAH ILY. My pre-readers – GooberLou, Inkedupmom, and drivingedward (aka Pamela Stephenson) – have been an amazing help. And Beffers87, who has made some GORGEOUS banners and manips, along with FallingSnow… Thank you guys!!
Last thing, I promise. As usual, I’ve taken liberties with technology, simply because Alice wanted it. ;) Most places are real, yet mixed with fiction. Some places and events are fiction, yet mixed in with some true history.
Okay, I’ll let you get to it. I know you’ve missed him, so I’ll let you curl up with Edward. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment